Predominately used as a saline laxative.
- Can be used as a saline purgative.
- Effective when used in wet dressings for inflammatory
- Used in the treatment of boils.
- Can be used in the bath to soothe, relax and relieve symptoms
of certain skin conditions.
- Magnesium Sulfate B.P. 1g/g
Ingested Dosage each
- Adults: 15g
in 250ml of water.
- Children over
6 years: Up to 10g in 120ml of water.
- Children 2 to
5 years: Up to 5g in 120ml of water.
Relaxing and sedative bath: Add 2 cups of
Epsom salt to a warm bath. When magnesium sulfate is
absorbed through the skin, such as in a bath, it draws toxins from
the body, sedates the nervous system, reduces swelling, relaxes
muscles, is a natural emollient, exfoliator, and much
- Do not use for children under 2 years except on doctor's
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional. Drink
plenty of water. Prolonged use may cause serious bowel
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.